Why the big deal? It's not but it's a first. So we're sitting on the porch and hear a car honk down near the driveway and the next thing to happen is a lovely doe sauntering up the drive, very hot, in fact panting. She circled the house and headed for the cow water tho she didn't drink and jumped the fence and headed into the pine trees. We are thrilled but I'm glad she moved on and wasn't enticed by all our delicious flora we've worked so hard to establish. Our other country friends complain how the deer eat all their plants. John said, "I wish she could be our pet deer." There really is a deer in the back near the bush.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Deer Me!
Why the big deal? It's not but it's a first. So we're sitting on the porch and hear a car honk down near the driveway and the next thing to happen is a lovely doe sauntering up the drive, very hot, in fact panting. She circled the house and headed for the cow water tho she didn't drink and jumped the fence and headed into the pine trees. We are thrilled but I'm glad she moved on and wasn't enticed by all our delicious flora we've worked so hard to establish. Our other country friends complain how the deer eat all their plants. John said, "I wish she could be our pet deer." There really is a deer in the back near the bush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment