Monday, January 5, 2009
Princess 1993 - 2008 We didn't name her. Haley, the little girl next door in St. Pete, gave her the title. Princess was a neighborhood cat shared between our houses. We heard the original owners just didn't want her and so she moved to our street. She finally decided to live with us permanently and we were more than happy to give her the love she so deserved. She loved the farm and the freedom from cars and other dangers. Not that there aren't dangers here but so many great places to spend the day. When we walked into the vet's office today the girl said "a Russian Blue." I just thought of her as a gray cat. She had been really out of sorts lately and drinking water at every chance (loved pool water) so I decided a vet visit was in order. However, never did I think I would be having to say goodbye to this beloved pet. Princess was in total kidney failure and probably in much distress. Wish I had paid more attention to my gut feeling about her symptoms sooner. The decision to have her put down was the only option at this stage of kidney failure. I said my goodbyes and gave kisses through my tears and left the room. John had her resting place ready when we got home under the wax myrtle where she would spend lazy days in the tall grass that grows underneath. A nice rock marks the place. Thank you Princess for all of the wonderful years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment